Is your home on the market or are you thinking of selling? Well, it’s finally spring so what better time for a good “spring cleaning”. Since a home is such an emotional purchase, people often base their choice on feelings. Regardless of your location and price.Here are a few things to consider this spring…
Readying the outside
- Curb appeal is everything! A buyer begins to judge your home the moment they drive up, the first impression is crucial.
- Make sure your front lawn looks neat. Cut the grass and trim the hedges. Plant some extra flowers for colour.
- Take a close look at your front door. If it’s faded or needs repair, clean it, stain it or paint it.
- Repainting the exterior of your home is a fairly expensive venture, and really unnecessary unless the sides have had blistering or peeling. Painting window sashes, trim and shutters can do wonders.
Readying the inside
- Brighten things with fresh paint. White, off-white, or beige walls make a room look bigger and keeping the colors neutral help people visualize their own furnishings in the home.
- Move out all excess furniture to make rooms appear larger. If you have a lot of collectibles, family photos, or trophies start to box them up so you’ll have that much ready to move. Remove any and all clutter!
- Clear off the kitchen counters — make them look as expansive as possible. Clean the oven and all appliances.
- Bring the outdoors in, fresh flowers always do the trick!
- Get out your tool kit: Tighten loose doorknobs, drawer pulls, cabinet handles, towel racks, switch plates and outlet covers.
When it’s time for our agent to show your home, all your preparations will be worth it!